Can i go take a test if its only been 2 weeks or do i have 2 wait till its 4weeks?

is it better to wait for a whole 4 weeks or is it okay if its just been 2 weeks???
SORRY FOR ASKING A LOT OF QUESTIONS I JUST GOTTA KNOW!

LuLu_210

Asked by LuLu_210 at 12:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It couldn't hurt
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 12:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• you can test 2 weeks after, but normally it should be about the same time that you are due to start.

good luck!!
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 1:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• 2 weeks past your period or your ovulation? 2 weeks past your period would be too early, unless you ovulate REALLY early in your cycle, 2 weeks past your period is usually when most women are ovulating. But the pp is right, it won't hurt, but you probably won't be able to tell, implantation probably hasn't even happened yet, that's 5-12 days after ovulation.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I say wait until four...you will get more accurate results.You have a higher chance of getting a false positive due to chemical pregnancy if you test BEFORE you miss your period. A chemical pregnancy is when the egg has been fertilized but does not implant in the uterus. These pregnancies are VERY common in the early stages...approximately 6 of 10 pregnancies are chemical pregnancies. The more accurate home pregnancy tests are becoming, the more common chemical pregnancies are being noticed because HPTs are made to detect pregnancies earlier than they used to. Chemical pregnancies always end in miscarriage..whether th body expells the pregnancy (vaginaly) or simply absorbs the pregnancy which is ALSO rather common. So I suggest waiting for more accurate results.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Oh...I thought you meant two weeks or four weeks after ovulation. I didn't know that you meant two weeks or four after a missed period. Two weeks couldn't hurt. If you are preggers you will get an accurate test result at this time. I found out I was preggers at only four weeks gestation..the day AFTER my missed period. We had been trying for months and I was STRICT about tracking my OV dates.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• what do u feel like? i knew i was pregnant at 3 weeks after my last period because i was nausaus and im only nausaus when im pregnant. so i waited a few days until the 5 days before my expected perios and i was def. pregnant.
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 1:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2008