Do you have/used Amber alert?

The GPS Child Tracking device. What do you think of it?

glenndoir

Asked by glenndoir at 12:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes, in california, we have them on our high ways and such, pop up on the tv everything

and no, to my knowledge an amber alert, is a public warning that a child is missing, it is not a gps device, idk where you got that info
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• glenndoir

Comment by glenndoir (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Girl, I have an amazing story. I few years ago, we were in St. Louis. The bill boards said that a young boy had been abducted. It was actually Ben Owensby who they later found alive with Shawn Hornbeck in Kirkwood, Missouri. It's an awesome story!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We have Amber Alerts, but I'm not familiar with that product. We do know a couple that had the chip implanted in their kid's arms though.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• wow, never seen this, Amber Alerts are different from the AmerAlertGPS, in California, which is where i think the amber alert started, they are simply a public announcement of a child missing as soon as reported. License plates of vehicle they might be in, a description of the car, the person, the missing child, etc.

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• we have it in north carolina and it has saved a lot of kids
    teenmommy4ever

Answer by teenmommy4ever at 1:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We have Amber alert here in Virginia, and I pray I will never have to use it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• OK, people, I am specifically asking about the device, which cost 130 dollars. And you have to sign a contract for service. I am not asking about the governmental program.
    glenndoir

Comment by glenndoir (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Wow! An ankle bracelet for kids! That's just what I want. I don't believe in tracking any person with a GPS device, even if they are my child. That's dehumanizing.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 1:06 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It's not an ankle bracelet. You can attach it to clothes or a back-pack. No one is clicking on my link? WITW?
    glenndoir

Comment by glenndoir (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Aug. 19, 2010