Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can i do?? ...

i have a 6 yr old of wich me and her father are divorced and i have primary custody we had issues of her father NOT wanting her to play t-ball and spend more time with him and has not met us for exchage in about 4 months now his siter keeps emailling me telling me that its hurting her, wich in reality its not ( she hasent even mentioned him in a while) (every blue moon) and is doing great (i think even better without him) and has threanted to come to my house to see her, my now husband says that if they do to not let them in n if they dont leave to call the sherriffs dept. bc we have papers that states where we should meet and if he wants to see her he would have someone take him up here to meet us for exchage.... what are your thought on this guys??

Answer Question

Asked by ncollins885 at 1:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 4 (56 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I think you should consult your attorney if you have one. Whatever is in the custody agreement is what he needs to follow. If I were you, and I did not have an attorney, I would continue to refer my ex husband to the custody agreement. I would also let my babysitter know what is in the custody agreement and that you expect him (and her!) to follow it.

    Answer by emilex at 1:02 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • if you have court papers, then thats that. its cut and dried and no matter what anyone thinks or says, the papers are a legal if the SIL comes tot he house call the police-she isnt your dd parent. but again if those papers say he can see her, follow them or a judge is going to get mad.

    Answer by Bearsjen at 1:03 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • well yes emilex i do have an attorney she told me that if he tries to sue me for contempt of court that shes gonna tell them that he hasent seen his own child in so manny months, and bearsjen according to my papers i have legal custody of my daughter it just states that hes intitled to her so much a year ( every other weekend) but i have a scence that he has already violated the papers by not showing up for exchage.....

    Comment by ncollins885 (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.