registering to vote

This would be the first year for me to vote and i checked on my medicade app. that i wanted to be registered. Are you sapossed to get anything in the mail, or anything at all should I be registered now? Im gonna be sooo mad if i can't vote.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• the deadline was yesterday i thought... i hope you get to vote if thats what you wanted!! i would be pissed if i were you too lol. this election im not voting i havent looked into the candidates much and i really dont like either of them. but i hope you still can!!! good luck!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• you are supposed to receive a voter's registration card in the mail once you registered. the dead line to register varies by state.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I looked up my info on the Texas Voters website. Maybe they have one for your state. I had to put in my Drivers Liscense # and it pulled up when my registration is effective and what county I am registered in. Good Luck.
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 1:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• You can check at your local voters registrar office. They usually are open by now, and there you can register up to 15 days before the election in many states.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 2:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Some states have already passed the deadline to register. Some states haven't. Go to your local county board of elections online to check on this. You may be able to register and vote at the same time in your area.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 8:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2008