Do you think that there are parents that give there children too many extracurricular activities?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:19 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it's too many if the kids can't keep up in school because they're too busy to do their homework, or if the kids are being forced to do things they don't want to do. We're super busy with swim class three days a week and martial arts five days a week (three for the kids and two for my husband and me, which the kids go to with us). The kids really enjoy both though, so we will do it as long as they want to.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:28 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes, my sister. She complains about being so busy and having to run all the kids to all of their different activities, half of which the kids don't even want to do.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• depends on what they are, I guess...and also depends on the age of the child...if the child is very young then they can have sensory overload...if the kid is older then maybe they need to be kept out of trouble. All depends I guess.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:21 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Sure, there are always parents who go to the extreme, one way or another.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:25 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'm sure there are some, I haven't known any, but I bet they are out there.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes, but I am not one of those parents. My kids will be in Girl Scouts this year and probably softball in the spring. If my daughter can handle more, I will comply.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:16 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Those activities keep children out of trouble, We are militaery, our children do scouts, baseball, dance, gymnastics, Parish school of religion, and volunteering during the holidays!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Withthe numbers of obese kids running around my state, parents dont give their kids anything to do thats excercise. They need to. Food does not equal love people. letting your kids eat junk and get obese is giving your kids an early death and serious health problems at a young age.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010