Has anybody else gone through this?

So we just found out that I'm pregnant, and my husband plays in the NHL so he is constantly gone. In fact the whole time I'm goig to be pregnant he will be gone. I am so worried that something is going to go wrong while he is gone and I dot know what to do. I have told him that I am worried but he just keeps telling me that everything will be fine! I also need to find thugs to do while he is away! Since I am married and pregnant I can't do the same things that I used too. My friends have suggested that we have a stya in movie night and just watch chick flicks and eat fating food all night and that sounded good until I figured out we would be doing that at least once or more a week! So any suggestions and have been through what I am going through right now?

MrsToews101

Asked by MrsToews101 at 1:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• just take walks at the park and meet people. Stay healthy and don't sit in the house and think about it all day. My hubby runs a restaurant so i might as well be a single mom...but luckily my family lives here, so my sis and mom would come over a lot...or I'd go over there....if you have friends there then do girl stuff...movies, whatever....having your husband there feels comforting but in reality he cant do anything if something goes wrong. just take care of yourself and DON"T STRESS!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:26 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Years ago I was active in La Leche League in Indianapolis near Speedway and we would have mothers that were involved that had husbands that were involved with professional sports or the 500. What you are going through was common and we did things to support each other. Before doulas became popular there were several in Indianapolis and these moms with husbands that were gone all the time would hire them to make sure they had someone with them for the labor and birth if their husbands were out of town. We knew women that would help after the birth and other kinds of support people. If you get involved with LLL, a moms group, or hire a doula you may get the support you need.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:32 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Spend time with family, invite friends over to keep you company, go walk around a park, or enroll in a class at a college. Something to keep you busy.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:32 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Well just because you are pregnant dose not mean you are handicapped lol you can do most of what you have been doing minus partying all the time. Go to the movies, get your nails done, swim, walk, play games online or even just talk in here to mothers who know what you feel.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 3:13 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Well I truly do feel sorry for you, kiddo. Here I am worried because I just found out I'm pregnant, 40 years old and the sole wage-earner around here, I just started on a new career, we already have two kids so all our bedrooms are currently at maximum occupancy, I take care of my elderly parents, one of whom has Alzheimer's and requires a lot of care and the other one has been through four, count 'em four, orthopedic surgeries in 12 months and can't pull her own pants down or take a shower all by herself yet and I'm responsible for all house and property maintenance because my husband is allergic to his own sweat. I never have girls' night in, pedicures, fast food or time to myself, ever. But the issue of thinking up ways to occupy your time, that's a REAL problem, I wish you the best of luck with that.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:52 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'm, sorry you lost me at the part where you said you need to find thugs to do....
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:20 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I used to hate when my dh worked nights. I was always afraid something was going to happen. Nothing ever did, things went well and I actually was a week over my delivery date. Just have a friend you know you can count on 24/7 and make arrangements with her if you go into labor or if an emergency arises. As for finding things to do, just do what you've always done! (Except drinking, if that was your thing lol) but just don't sit home and worry. Get out and do things. Plus it won't be long and you'll be getting the nursery ready! Best wishes!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2010