Do you think that there are parents that re-live their childhood through there children?

My sister does this with her daughter, I just don't think that it's right.

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:25 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Parents today seem to be giving their kids everything and anything that they were not allowed to have when they were kids.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes, most definitely, or so it seems. That's what I tend to think about the pagent parents.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:26 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• 100%
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:26 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Oh yeah, my son is in sports and the parents have already picked their postiions-if they were first baseman the child is first baseman etc.I believe they chose for their children because they already have the first basebman glove. How would the child know exactly where he wants to be in his second year of baseball? Maybe that isn't the case, though, because my son wants to be a pitcher like his dad so maybe the kids are just copying the parents??
    I really encourage my child to be his own person! I think this is so important!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Sort of, which can be either good or bad. My husband and I often talk about giving our kids the childhood we never got. We take them on vacations and play football with them and stuff like that because our parents were never involved in our lives and we want them to have a better childhood than we did.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My sister does that with her children, she has two daughters. One just graduated from high school with ok grades. She doesnt drive, or work or anything really. the other daughter is fourteen and has an active social life and participates in alot of activities in school and the community, and my sister just hangs on everything that goes on and treats the situations as if they were about her and talks to her daughters friends like they were her friends it's creepy!!!
    james416

Answer by james416 at 2:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2010