What is your opinion on smoking weed? adult content

Do you think that mother should smoke weed to relax and calm down? Do you think it makes parenting worse or better? This is just a general question.

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 2:15 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Everyone reacts differently to weed or booze. I personally feel they should legalize it and tax the crap out of it. To mee, weed is not half as bad as beer or liquor. When was the last time you saw on the news about someone being high and plowing his car into a tree or ditch? You do however see the drunks doing it everyday on the news.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i will say that it has been proven that alcohol is worse for you and impairs your judgment much worse than weed. that being said no parent can actually parent while under the influence of alcohol and the same applies for weed as well
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:20 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• should? no. but could, sure. I have once since my dd was born (shes 19 months) but I hated it. it wasn't carefree like I remembered. I spent the whole time wondering what I would do if something happened and she needed to go to the er or something. she was passed out, but still. personally, I'm gonna have to wait till she's out of the house. it works for some people, though, and I don't really see a whole lot of harm in it unless the parent is super stoned and the kids are still up.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 2:20 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Personally I dont feel that smoking it and parenting go hand in hand. From what i remember of my high school days being high is not a state i would feel comfortable being responsible for children in.

I do not have a problem with it for medical use, my father had a RX for it before he died and it did help him. if you cant find other ways to relax and calm down then you are not looking hard enough. There are many many ways to relax and calm yourself that dont involve altering your state of mind and reaction time. Thats JMO everyone is different.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think it depends on the person. I know someone who is a better parent when theyre high. They have more patience and are just better over all. I personally am worse high. I et so paranoid and lazy. I cant be high around a kid.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• For most people, it is an impairer. Wouldn't touch it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:25 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• For me? and yes I have came home hung over, being not sober and trying to be a mom, is not a good mix, hence the word TRYING to be a mom.
    For some they say it calms them down, I guess t would be the same if someone had anxiety and took anxiety pills. But again from my experience, I can't even get up from laughing in a corner if I smoke weed and that doesn't mix well with, walking, talking, opening my eyes, eating, so It definitely can't mix well with parenting, for me.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have a huge problem with parents getting high on anything including weed. I don't care if it's medical, I don't care if it's legal, I don't care if I can buy it at the local supermarket. It's a drug and it gets you high. When you become a parent you better be sober.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:19 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i agree with Orionsgirl the most. if you are a parent you better be sober.

I drank some nights when i knew it was safe to say my son was asleep and no where near where he could see.. i felt dirty and i never ever drank enough that i could not snap out of a stupor and rush to my child's aid in a heart beat.

if i was not pregnant i really liked my glass of wine and snuggles... got fuzzy lovey dovey went to bed everything was gravy
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think that I am going to have agree with you all. I had a friend that was calling me and she knows that I have four kids one of which is as of now only three weeks old and was trying to get me out partying already
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 2:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2010