Did you have the "Mirena Crash"?

I had it removed on Aug 2 and for the last week I've been nauseous, had a constant headache, been uber emotional, tired, and I'm snapping at my 2 year old over nothing. I went to my Dr about the headaches and the emo stuff (have battled depression for over 10 years) and she gave me some Tylenol/caffeine stuff and Welbutrin. Now, 3 days later, I am informed by ladies on HERE of the "Mirena Crash". Googled it and I cannot believe what I am reading. This had ME written all over it!!

My question is this: Of you ladies that have been on Mirena, did you have this "crash"? How long did it last? Did you take anything (OTC, prescribed, or homeopathic) to ease symptoms?

CakeMaker84

Asked by CakeMaker84 at 2:16 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Health

• I've never heard of this. Mirena is one of the options that was presented to me though. My OBGYN acted like the side effects were minimal, but maybe not?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I haven't heard of that. But my friend and many others we've read online have had miscarriages after getting their mirena removed. I think they should really put more warning on it than they do. After all the issues, I'm glad I did not get it.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 3:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Sherri- mine did too. And for the almost 3 years I had it in, it was the BEST thing ever!! No periods, no pms, nothing!! And until I found out about this "crash" I was all for getting a second one. Not anymore!! I just want this headache to go away!!! :((
    CakeMaker84

Comment by CakeMaker84 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i had the mirena in for 5years with no problems and no pregnancies...which was good bcuz i had gotten pg on the pill and depo b4 and i was trying to finish college...i had it taken out about 6wks ago and have been experiencing the mirena crash since about 2wks ago...i had never heard of this and my dr never mentioned it...about 2wks ago i started experiencing intense nausea, mood swings and breast tenderness...i thought 4 sure i was pg even with neg pg tests i thought it was just a matter of time til i had a pos test...then i started my period about 2 days ago and feel worse than ever...the bleeding is like niagra falls, the cramps are mind blowing, intense headaches, my lower back aches badly all the time, and on top of all that im still nauseous, emotional, and feel like "blah" inside....duz ne1 know how long this lasts??
    melmae3

Answer by melmae3 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had Mirena in for almost a year..a few days after having it removed a got a migraine that would not go away. It was seriously the migraine from hell. Even my prescription meds wouldn't touch it. I had it 24/7 for 6 straight days. Plus the worst fatigue I've ever experienced. I could barely function. Then as quickly as it started, it all stopped. I will never use this form of bc again!
    HW614

Answer by HW614 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2012