how do you discipline your child?

What are your ways of discipling your child(ren)? I was just wondering (not to start anything. big girl panties required) I've tried a few things, and nothing seems to work with my two boys (4 and few days from 2 yrs)

AliciaO

Asked by AliciaO at 1:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think it depends on the situation. I think that if it's something simple like not wanting 2 share or pick up his toys, then u mite try not letting him play w/ whoever he's not sharing w or if it's not wanting 2 pick up they toys, try taking them away & telling him he can have them back in a few minutes. If it's something more serious like touching the stove, I'd put a Mr. Yuk near the knobs & tell him what they mean bc it will show him that he's not supposed 2 touch it. The most important thing is that whatever u decide, b consistent w/ it bc boundaries r important. Hope this helps.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• depends on the situation..if i ask my daughter (4) to clean up her toys, and she says no, i tell her again to clean them up..if the 2nd time she still says no, i tell her she either has to clean them all up or i will throw them in the garbage..she usually cleans them up, but there have been times where some of her toys get thrown out (i put them aside to donate)..shes not to happy about it, but it works..as for like brushing her teeth at night (shes ok in the mornings, but hates it at night) i will say ok time to go brush your teeth, and she'll say no i dont want to..and then i'll give her an option..she can either brush her teeth now..or she can go pee go give hugs to gma and gpa and then brush them..(either which way theyre getting done, but it helps her think she has a choice..lol)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• If my child misbehaves, then I swat his little ass!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I like that last answer! Short, sweet and to the point!. I have an 8yr old at home and I also take care of a 3 1/2 yr oldgrandson. The 8yr old gets his gme taken away. The grandson - the worst thing for him is making him sit in the chair in the living room. He hates to have to sit there or on the sofa, etc. Another good one for him is not letting him watch cartoons.
    mom-n-grandma-4

Answer by mom-n-grandma-4 at 5:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• 1 warning
    2 spanking
    Fairlight79

Answer by Fairlight79 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2008