How long does it take you to pack your bag for a two weeks vacation?

I can't believe my hubby did itin 5 minutes yesterday!!! How does he do that?
I made a list WEEKS ago, now I have it all piled up on the bed, check , count, look at it all, squint ..... maybe put some back, take something else out and then put it all nice and neat in the suitcase. And then stare at it, trying to convince myself I forgot nothing.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 2:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Travel

• It takes me HOURS to pack and my hubby 5 min.

But when we get somewhere, I have everything we need. I am a light packer clothes wise and will clearly map out exactly what I need. I pack all of the toiletries, first aid, laundry bag, camera, sunscreen, swim bag, help the kids... food if we need it.

Hubby is an overpacker. To avoid thinking he throws everything in the bag... or so it seems. He always forgets something important. boxers, swim trucks, dress out fit... makes me crazy. He is in such a hurry to pack fast, he doesn't get everything. Kid you not on one trip he did not bring a single T-Shirt (thing he wears the most). I don't get it.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 3:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I am with your hubby. Less than an hour for me. I would probably go shopping once to get anything I might need, but then throw it all in the bag and go. I travel with a pair of underwear for each day and 4-5 outfits. I can always find a laundry mat or wash in the hotel sink. Two pairs of shoes rounds out my list.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:38 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• question is are you packing for just you? or you and the kids? if i am packing for the kids then it takes me several list and then a day or two and then a double check that i marked everythingoff the list. if its just me i can do it in less than an hour as long as i dont have to run laundry or go buy anything.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Crud... even for the kids it takes less than an hour to get all of their stuff together. As long as everything is clean, I can pack each kid in 10 minutes each.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• About 20 minutes. We have always traveled so we only take carry-ons, even my kids pack quick and we don't often stress about what we forgot we just do without, or someone else has packed it! Even when we went to Germany for 3 weeks we each took a carry on and one personal bag, watch Up In The Air with George Clooney. You'll get it.!
    josts

Answer by josts at 2:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Well, I tend to procrastinate about those things,so I usually take about 20-30 minutes the night before we leave to pack a bag for myself. I try not to overthink my packing, just put in the stuff I wear and use on a daily basis.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• 20 minutes flat. Never more.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:18 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It would take me about a month because I would constantly be changing my mind about what I am want to take with me. Shoot I'll lay an outfit out at a night to wear to school the next day and by the time I leave to go to school there will be about 4 more outfits laid out on the bed (including the original one set out the night before) and a shoes everywhere.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• an hour tops!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Maybe a half hour? We love to travel, I've become quite the packing pro. Never made a list ever.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010