Fasting!!!

I'm taking my glucose test tomorrow and I'm fasting now!! Let me just say that my little guy is NOT appreciating this!! He is hitting me like he's mad.....it's like he's saying "Feed me woman!!!" And my body has picked the perfect time to have cotton mouth!!! I just want a drink!!!! Did anyone else find it hard to do this fasting thing?

bchic24

Asked by bchic24 at 2:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i dont think fasted the night before a glucose test. poor you guys :(
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You can drink water. It totally sucks though... I feel for you!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I was told no water. I'm just glad that this test is at 8:45am!!!
    bchic24

Comment by bchic24 (original poster) at 2:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Awe they are making you fast? That sucks! I go next week for mine and I was told I don't have to fast (and didn't fast with my others) but was told to avoid super sweet things like soda, candy, etc. If you want you can swish some water around and spit it out or maybe sugar free gum? GL I would be totally irritated not being able to drink anything.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:52 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• yea that is what i remember . no big fasting. i wasnt allowed to eat anything for an hour before the test is all... i agree with crissy. keep your mouth watery lol.. i would brush my teeth and use mouth wash - of course do not swallow the stuff but yea something
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 3:19 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I remember fasting for I think 8-12 hours before mine. I was PISSED at the time! LOL! I was like, "How can you tell a pregnant woman not to eat??? That's just cruel!" Thankfully my test was early the next morning. What was really hard was when I had to go back for the 2nd test (b/c I failed the first) and its a 3 hour test.....so that was no food for a LONG time. I hope you're done soon! Oh & if memory serves, you're allowed water.
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have mine in a few wks :( not looking forwards to it, got to fast for 12 hrs but can have water...get a feeling that my baby will also not appreciate it!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 2:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010