hi, i'm new to cafemom and my names janae......i need some real good ideas to help me cure my son's diaper reash! plz help!

diaper rash cure please!

MyWaco

Asked by MyWaco at 1:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Health

• Lots of desitine and change that diaper a lot. You can put you son in a warm bath with cornstarch, that will help too. If its really bad, you can brown flour and put it on like baby powder. I know it sounds weird but it works. Make sure its cool before you put it on though. and put it on over the desitine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Try and let you son air out for awhile. When changing him use a warm wet wash cloth to clean him off and try and use triple butt paste or boudreaux's butt paste(you can buy this at walmart in the baby section) and a little baby powder or cornstarch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Put him in a bath with baking soda or cornstarch and let him go naked for a while. When you diaper him, use desitine and you can also use cornstarch as a powder. Dont use baby powder, the perfumes can make it worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Desitine and baby powder clog pores and can make the rash worse. I think that the best stuff to use is the Bourdreaux's Butt Paste. That stuff spreads on thick and cures all of my childrens rashes. If you do use baby powder then be sure to wash him ALOT! That stuff actually has glass shards in it. Be very careful! Good luck mom!
    LaBoucane

Answer by LaBoucane at 1:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Butt paste works great! If you can find some powder that doesn't have perfume in it to put over the butt paste that works well too. I actually had a doctor tell my that butt paste is the best stuff you can use. (He prescribed it for an elderly patient. The rash was gone quick!)
    redneckstepmom

Answer by redneckstepmom at 2:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My little ones can't use anything with zinc oxide ( like Desitin or Balmex), so what has worked for us was washing the bottom with a mild soap, letting the baby run around for a little while naked (so air can get to the rash), then putting corn starch on their bottom with the diaper. Corn starch keeps the area nice and dry, and won't make the rash worse.
    Hope your little one feels better soon!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• on my son i used aloe it cleared him up quick when he was a baby
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I swore by Boudreaux's ButtPaste. It is sold in Louisiana, but you could probably find it online. Or I could send you some.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 6:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Thankfully we've never had a real problem with this but for DS the huggies diaper rash cream worked great, A&D ointment, etc.

Cornstarch or cornstarch based baby powder helps dry it out.

Burt's Bees has a great balm for diaper rash. Clears it up without clogging pores or drying him out too much.

Letting air get to it, keeping him dry and clean, and not letting him stay wet too long are your best bets though.
    rosewolfkin

Answer by rosewolfkin at 12:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• When the urin and the bowel movment come together causes the rash, And even when the urin stay son the bottom. You should first give him an oatmeal bath Nutrigina has a good oatmeal bath.this doesn't have any irritants in it. Then, soon after use Burt's Bees balm for the rash. and as soon as there is a wet diaper change it. good luck
    SILVERROSE01

Answer by SILVERROSE01 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008