toddler art project,making bookmark to send to grandma.how to make it stiff?

I was trying to come up with a little art project me and the munchkin can do today with the current supplies we have. Me and my mom both enjoy reading when we have leisure time and like most grandma's she misses her grandbaby, we live in europe (military family) and she is in the states so I thought if we made a bookmark she would get a kick out of it. Was going to let her paint to her hearts content on our somewhat thick printing paper,cut out a small picture of her face and glue that in the center,cut it to bookmark size and use a heart shaped puncher for a hole and put a tassle in it. How can I make the bookmark stiffer though? I dont have any felt or super thick material. How can i make it stiff like a bookmark and look cute still

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 3:03 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Laminate it or put clear contact paper on it.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 3:28 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't know anything about this, but here's a bump! GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Print it on cardstock. Lamination is a great choice because it will protected it.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:06 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• will sound silly but elmer's glue! coat it all over, hang to dry (or do one side at a time and lay flat)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You could cut a piece of cardboard box, like a cereal box, then glue the painted paper to either side so it doesn't show.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i agree with the other mommies
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2010