What should I do if my daughters dad wants her to live with him and his wife?? He has been trying to get our daughter to live with him for years now... she's 14 years old and would like to live with my parents for one school year.

katnme

Asked by katnme at 3:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't know anything about this, but here's a bump! GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would let her decide. If she wants to live with your parents than I think that should be okay.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Honestly my ans. is simple & strait.ask your daughther what her opinion is on this issue then you can balance the scales on wether to let her go or not,but I advice against keeping her back if its not her wish as this might turn out disastrous for your wonderful relationship.
    MIMI127.
    MIMI127

Answer by MIMI127 at 5:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My advice is simple too don't let her play all of you. My dh said that's what his brother used to do live with Mom then when he didn't get his way ot was live with dad then back to mom. While she is old enough to decide I would make her stay where she is but that's just me GL
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have a 14yo step daughter who we've crossed a similar bridge with. IF she is able to have healthy relationships w/everyone and this is NOT coming out of drama, drama, drama I think the situation can be worked through. We don't do the "move when you don't get your way plan". My husband has full custody of his daughter. She's never been allowed to live with anyone else but if there were a school issue, health problems, etc. we would consider it. Good luck.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Your daughter is old enough to decide, but should be deciding for the Right reasons and not to be living at the house where she gets away with the most.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It's her life, let her decide. She's old enough.
    MelissaF30

Answer by MelissaF30 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would let her chose between her two parents. I wouldnt let her live with her grandparents when she has perfectly capable and caring parents that want her. It isnt normal and it looks bad for you...like you guys dont want your child. I am not trying to be mean I am just telling you what my first impression of that would be.

Allow her to stay alot with your parents and make sure her father would do the same. That way her desire to be close to them is being fulfilled but she also is living with a parent.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i think shes old enouph to decide tell her dad to let her decide weather she wants to stay with you and if she decides to pick him dont be mad at her make sure you always have open doors for her to come back (not literaly but you know what imean)
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010