falling asleep and waking up

My husband went to bed around 10pm and I went up there with him and laid down. I usually wait until 11:30 or 12 to go to bed. But I laid down with him and fell asleep. I seriously went through a full REM cycle because I had really good sleep, I dreamed. I woke up and thought for sure it was 4-5am. Nope, it was 12:45am and now I'm awake and I can't go back to sleep. LOL.
What are some good ways to help falling asleep after you've essentially taken a 'nap'?

Blubuni99

Asked by Blubuni99 at 3:57 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Don't be on the computer =) Avoid lights, cold drinks, etc.. I usually just lay there and if I grow bored I play Family Feud on my phone until I pass back out. It takes no more than 2-3 rounds and I am zonked.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:09 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yep avoid computer lol I hate when I wake up after going to bed early. Usually can't get to sleep early though. I would just lay back down and make up a story in my head :) that usually puts me to sleep.:)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 4:14 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• A nice relaxing bath helps. Or hypmotize your body back to sleep.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2010