Do you feel that Dr. Laura was being " racist "? Why or Whynot

1nglmom3

Asked by 1nglmom3 at 4:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NOPE!! At this point, the race card has lost all of it's umpf!!! AND, when you look at the ENTIRE quote in FULL CONTEXT, and not the liberal cherry picked version, it's clear that she did not make a racist comment. Some people are forever looking for a fight and at the ready to present their knee-jerk reactions!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:04 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No, if she had been a black person saying the same words, there would be no problem. That is racism.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:26 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• she is in general a complete nasty judgemental moron. i do not doubt for one moment that she is racist. she burned her own career with her manuever. freedom of speech does NOT protect you from the consequences of practicing it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• never heard of her
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:57 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She sounded like she couldn't WAIT to say THAt word...

I have no idea if she's a racist or not

but she sure is a BITCH!

This isn't the first offensive thing she's ever said......and it won't be the last

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Not offensive or racist at all. That word isn't any more disrespectful than any other name that someone calls someone else. I'm more offended at someone calling someone else a retard. Black people use the N word way more than whites, but that's OK I guess. Blacks are way more racist than whites. They just keep the race issue going when most white people couldn't care less about race. They just need to move on & quit using that as an excuse for why they don't succeed in life. They have just as much of a chance as anyone else.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No she isnt. Why? Because if blacks can use the word so can any other color. Its not my fault that IM NOT bothered by the word cracker. Words ONLY hurt if you let them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't think I have ever listened to her. I don't know what the big uproar is. I just read a heading that said she was dropping her show? Whatever
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• no...i'd have to listen/read to the transcript again, but if i remember correctly (haha..famous last words!), the caller brought it (the N-word) up in the conversation first, right?
    i'm no fan of LS, that's for sure, but i don't think she's racist. that word doesn't even mean anything anymore, as it gets thrown around like a ball for everything that someone says against another person. i'm quite surprised people aren't up in arms because we can only buy white toilet paper...what happened to the pretty pinks and blues and prints?!?!?!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She might not have been deliberately racist but she is always a very obnoxious person. I have NEVER liked her. What a shrew.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2010