My son is 4 and bangs he's had is that normal?

My doctor said he will grow out of it but he's been doing it since he was a baby. He does it to rock himself to sleep, if he's mad or if he's head hurts should I get if checked out or brushe it off. He about to start pre-k and I'm just concerned? I see a new doctor now should i bring it up or just ingore it is it for attention or stress release?

wifeplus4kids

Asked by wifeplus4kids at 4:52 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would discuss it with the new Dr if I were you. I haven't heard of it happening, but maybe it's a stage... Either way, get another opinion.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:02 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• sounds like one of two things is going on to me. 1) he might be just experiementing with the sensation. some kids do that. self stimulation. or 2)he might be expressing frustration with something. how is his speech? is it delayed at all? is there anything else going on that is delayed or out of the ordinary?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:26 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• He knows he's name and everything no speech problems.
    wifeplus4kids

Comment by wifeplus4kids (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2010