My daughters room is small and I need some advise on organizing

My daughters room is small. I was wondering of any items that are great for storage in a toddlers room and stuff they can get in to easily to get their toys. I have a shelf and toy chest, but they just arent working. I've weeded out old toys and just when I think I have it organized, it isnt. What items have you all found that work best for toy, book storage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• I recently got the girls a bunch of those rubbermaid things with the pullout drawers and I labeled each drawers with pictures and words. jewelry, barbies, ponies yada yada it is working great. Rooms are staying a lot cleaner!!!!
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 1:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I use individual containers with lids (tubbies) for toys like play food and sets of blocks etc. and store them under her toddler bed. Other than that I use the toy box, a basket of toys and a book shelf.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my daughter doesnt have toys in her room. she has a couple stuffed animals on her bed, and couple books, but thats it. her room isnt supposed to be a "fun" place. its a place to sleep, and to get sent to if shes got an attitude. all our toys are in rubbermaid totes in the play area
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Have you thought about getting one of those closet organizers?? my girl has one in her room for all her clothes, and then with the drawers, she uses them to put all her toys, books, stuffed animals etc. Or you could even get a bookshelf put up on her wall at her eye level so she can keep track of all her books there. My girl also has a, like a net thing, (sorry i dont know what its ACTUALLY called) but its a net where you can stuff your teddybears into, and then you can hang it from the ceiling. But you still have access to all the animals, theyre just all together so you can grabone at a time. lol makes it a lil easier (well, cleaner)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• ^^ it's a toy hammock
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I agree with the PP...make the most out of your closet space. The only other suggestion I have is that I have a cheap white microwave cart in my daughter's room that just looks like shelves in my daughter's room. I keep tubs on/in it to hold all of her stuff...a big tub of books on the bottom shelf, a tub of blocks, a tub with her barbies and barbie accessories...on the top i keep her lamp, clock, and a decoration. Nobody ever knew thats what it was. I just had it left over from my first apartment after we moved and I bought nicer stuff.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2008