SHOTS

Do you believe that shots cause autism?
Did you kids get them?

pinkebabii

Asked by pinkebabii at 5:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• My mom was always weird about shots but I mean we had to get them before starting school but I some how got by without getting a hepatitis shot bc at the time there was stuff in the news about kids getting really bad sick from it and I think maybe even some deaths. I think some shots can cause problems like that. My mom and dad had a friend and the Dr's believe his autism was from a shot he got when he was younger.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:18 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No I do not believe shots cause autism. I really truly believe it is genetic. Just like allergies. That and I believe Dr's are quick to label children and even adults. The labels I am talking about pertain more to other things but that's a whole different topic. Yes I do vaccinate. Even if they did cause autism I would rather deal with that than polio ect...
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 5:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No I don't and yes my kids were. My son has autism and I believe he has always had autism when I think back. even as an infant he never really seemed to 'need' me other than to be fed and changed. He was a very non-social infant and toddler and still today has trouble with appropriate iterations. I continue to vax. Autism tens to effect more boys than girls that leads me to wonder why a 'toxin' would be so bias. There is a whole spectrum of Autism which leads me to wonder why a 'toxin' would not be more specific. There is a whole lot more I could type on this subject but I'll leave it as it is. I have to go to work. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Nope, I think that's a load of crap. In fact, the original study that caused the upstir was debunked, I think, and the lead investigator was accused of fraud. Both my kids are completely vax'd. I think NOT vaccinating your children is irresponsible and neglectful.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• we are military, it is not worth the risk of my kids catching something that soldiers bring back from over seas! Our kids get more shots than civilian kids too!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't believe vaccines cause Autism, and now medical science doesn't either, and my kids get their vaccinations.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• my kids do not get vaccinated. i try to really limit the amount of "stuff" that isn't supposed to go into their bodies. while each individual "shot" may only contain "safe" levels of toxins, there is no one tallying up the total exposure. there is junk in a lot of food, and beauty products, and cleaning products, and in the air...because i can't control all exposure i really limit the junk that i can control.
    do shots cause autism? i don't know. but i would never look a parent in the eye and tell them there is no connection, if they saw that things were drastically different after receiving a shot. my husband has a paralyzed oculomotor nerve (blind in one eye) as a result from a vaccine. in my opinion, there is not enough information out there about how the vaccine injuries occur. to me, to say something is genetic can be neglecting the possibility that an outside source could trigger a genetic change.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My kids get vaccinated, you can live with autism, but you can die from malaria
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My kids got all their shots. For the record? THERE IS NO PROOF THAT SHOTS CAUSE AUTISM!!!!!!!! Look it up on the web. There is NO proof what so ever to link kids shots to autism. There IS proof that one foreign companys formula has a few toxic chemicals that are known to cause problems but most American Dr's DO NOT buy them now. ASK your Dr's WHERE the shots they give your kids come from! They HAVE TO TELL YOU if you ASK!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• vbruno, you can go to the cdc website and get the ingredient information on the vaccines. all the vaccines have toxic ingredients.  http://www.cdc.gov/Vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-1.pdf

if you have any questions about what the ingredients are you can look them up here http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ for an easy to use resource.

happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2010