How do you clean a pillow?

My daughter took her diaper off tonight and it got peed on. Can I throw the whole pillow in the washing machine? How about the dryer? Normally I can just wash pillow cases, but not this time. Thanks in advance!

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 1:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Yes you can throw the whole thing in the washer, but you have to have two of them to balance the washer for its spin cycle. And I don't know if you are supposed to, but yeah I always put my pillows in the dryer.

SIDE NOTE: I do my pillows at the laundry mat so that I don't risk screwing up our washer with it being imbalanced, and that way I can use their really big dryer.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Throw it in the washing machine and then when its done then let it air dry. If you put it in the dryer then it lumps the pillow all up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• You can put it in the washing machine and if you want to dry it, air dry it or dry it on low heat so it doesnt get all lumpy. I always keep a back up pillow in my kids closet for instances such as this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have two pillows for me and only use one, so I gave her one of mine. Thanks for the answers!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:34 AM on Oct. 8, 2008