help here

I dont know how many people will be awake right now but I seriously need some help. I am 39 weeks preggo. On Monday had my membranes stripped, was in the hospital night before last at 4 cm. I started having contractions at about 10pm and they were ok. I went to bed about 2 am feeling funny (almost sick), I havent been able to sleep and I just woke up with really intense contractions, they feel like they arent stopping. And then I went to the bathroom and I mean a shit ton (pardon me) of more bloody mucous came out.. I'm freaking out here.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 5:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like you are going in to active labor honey. i would call your ob and NOW
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• probly should ask a medical professional, not us.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• call ur ob.... that sounds like you should be heading to the hospital
    Bitchhotmom17

Answer by Bitchhotmom17 at 6:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• CALL THE DR. OR GO TO THE HOSP. AND GOOD LUCK.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I realize I'm probably too late but I'll post anyways for anyone else who may be interested.

You do not have to rush to the hospital at the sign of your first contraction, unless perhaps you have a history of fast labors. Labor is typically a long process. If you head to the hospital too soon they will likely send you home, have you walk the hallways, or worse strap you down in bed. Why not stay at home and labor where you're comfortable? Many care providers give you guidelines as to when you head to the hospital and it varies depending on how far away you live. General rule of thumb is if contractions are 3 minutes apart and/or a full minute long.

It does sound like labor may be starting, so sending you easy labor vibes!
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would call the doc. Good luck!
    CoachyMom

Answer by CoachyMom at 11:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• ur having a baby
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 12:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yay!! I'm jealous.. I'm only 17 weeks and just waiting to feel the kicks. Congratulations and I hope your baby is healthy!!
    miranda_nichols

Answer by miranda_nichols at 4:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010