Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am filing for full/sole father where about is unknown for 8years . how do i file

Answer Question

Asked by cal62 at 6:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • i would say you need to discuss this with a lawyer in your state to get an accurate answer

    Answer by sati769leigh at 6:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • You need to talk to a lawyer...Im taking my ex husbands rights away since he sees MY daughter once a year and is court ordered to pay child support but hasnt ever paid a dime, and my lawyer said if I cant get his address then they'll run it in our local newspaper for like 4-6 weeks (he doesnt even live here lol) and if he doesnt contact anyone then it's done and he cant even attempt to fight me.

    Answer by misspriss_1987 at 6:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • You need to go to your local family court building and get the paperwork and you also really want to get a lawyer cause when you file the paperwork even though it has been 8 yrs this man my pop up out of no where and you want to have a lawyer to deal with him so you don't have to also your lawyer will make sure you have the paperwork filled out right. Gl momma and just so you know your a strong women to take 8 yrs to do this. If you don't mind me asking has he been paying child support? Cause they will also have him be paying you all the back support no matter if it was ordered or not.

    Answer by raemommy at 6:38 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in School-Age Kids (5-8)
what can i do?? ...

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
help here