a question for non-christians, What bothers you more christianity or the pushy christians?

I was watching a documentary last night that stated people are not bothered by jesus christ, they are not bothered by the christian religion. They ARE bothered by the pushy christians that fuss, fight and condemn them to hell every time they turn around. and i was wondering how true that was.

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 6:38 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I am bothered by people who call themselves" Christians" then proceed to spew out hateful, rascist, ignorant, derogatory remarks. The ones who bomb clinics, commit violent acts & hate crimes, who judge and condem others who are not like "them". The so-called "Christians" who use God and the Bible to promote their own agendas, no matter what it takes & could careless who they hurt in the process. The "Christians" who hide behind their religion while commiting heinous acts while acting so self-rightgeous & preaching to everyone who will listen until they get caught. The people who try to cram religion down people's throats by using scare tactics or in one instance with my son, candy of all things.
    sarchasmic_1

Answer by sarchasmic_1 at 2:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree. Like Ghandi said: " I like your Christ, but, I do not like your Christians, they are so unlike your Christ."
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:14 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i get frustrated with the utter high handed approach that many christians take that everyone in the world "needs to be saved".
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I was involved with "so called" Christianity for 10 yrs. My husband was a pastor for five years. We were a couple of those pushy people that come knocking on your door.
    I sincerely regret wasting those 10 yrs of our lives. And this is a public apology to all the people we ever bothered or offended.
    We are no longer Christian and we practice more love, tolerance, and good living now than we did while we were "so called" Christians.
    As a blanket statement "Christians are some of the rudest, intolerant, mean, judgmental, backbiting, gossiping people I've ever had the displeasure of meeting, spending any time with."
    As for Christianity -- some men got together and wrote down what they thought God was saying to them and or telling them to write down. Faith is taking their word for it. It's all man really.
    I believe in God -- I just won't say that I know what God thinks, says, expects or feels.
    bluestreak35

Answer by bluestreak35 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Oh, yeah. Anyone who's pushy about their religion will get on my nerves.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'm bothered by the ignorance they possess of their own history, inner workings of their religious organizations and core beliefs of their faiths. So when they try to shove their religion on me, and I fire back with questions they can't answer to my satisfaction, they automatically lash out in anger and accusations- I find THAT annoying.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Not a fan of christianity in general, for the atrocities it has caused... unfortunately, most of its followers seem to be blind to history- which in its self is frightening.
    Bottom line, I'm not offended by the notion- I am offended by the followers who feel it is their duty to indoctrinate children behind their parents back, to accost them on the playground and bus stops, and who feel the need to share with someone after it has been made clear that they do no share their beliefs. This however, applies to ANYONE, of any faith who simply can not keep their religion to their self.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Well, I despise christianity--but not necessarily christians. I spent half my life making an effort to believe. I've seen the damage it has done to my children and the children of others. I know the damage it has done to me. It is as dangerous as any WMD. It makes women slaves to their god and to insensitive husbands. It makes women and children property of a man who may not deserve them. It terrifies innocent children with tales of eternal torment in hell if they don't believe. I couldn't sleep for nearly a week when this place of punishment was finally revealed to me--after years of fluffy bible stories and "Jesus loves me" songs. Suddenly my friend Jesus went from a kindly prince of peace to an ogre with a dungeon of fire for anybody--even little children--who don't believe everything his book says. I don't care about pushy christians. I just slap 'em down. But I will always hate christianity.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Pretty much. I personally don't care what other's believe, just don't shove it down my throat. They can condemn me to hell all they like, I don't believe in hell, that's a Christian thing...so no biggie there.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yup pushy Christians. Pushy anybody really.
    momentofpeace

Answer by momentofpeace at 6:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2010