would you stay in a sexless marriage? adult content

Since the day after we got married my husband has not wanted sex, not once has he ever asked for it in the last 4 years. after so long with constant refusal and a complete lack of effort to find a solution on his part I am ready to call it quits as far as our sex life goes. I am however faithful and i meant my vows and will stick through better or worse. Would you do it? Am I a fool?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you sat him down and asked him why? This is what I would do. I don't know if I could really stay in a marriage without sex. I can go a couple months without it but for the rest of my life in a marriage. IDK.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Ya i would be finding out what is up with the sexless hubby of yours. I would stay faithful marriage is for better or for worst.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes...sex isn't everything and I think people place more importance on it then is needed.

I would however talk to him about it if I thought something was wrong though as a great relationship is abotu good communication.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I had no sex life with my Ex and when we did it was maybe once a year. But it was all good with me, I wans't a horny toad anyway.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yeah cuz there's more to loving someone than sex, although I would feel very empty in that area and would find other means to satisfy myself without cheating.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:58 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i would think that something is going on. Like, he is either gay, or seeing someone else. I would not be OK with it. But, i need affection in a relationship.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:09 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I can't imagine being in a sexless marriage for 4 years and haven't discussed the problem with hubby. I understand your not being able to answer above questions, since you asked anonymously. So if I had children and he was a good dad, I would tell him I would be looking for sex elsewhere. Being open and honest is NOT cheating, if he didn't agree, I would leave the marriage.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:09 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Many happily married couples have open marriages. Although it's not for everyone its an option, if you love him and want to stay together.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:14 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Personally wouldn't assume he's gay or cheating, maybe just has a low sexual drive or doesn't like sex all that much (it can happen lol), as well. I'd at least have a therapist talk to him about it or something before jumpting to conclusions (negative ones)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'd leave. Sorry, but it's not a marriage if you're not having sex; that's more of a business partnership.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 7:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2010