Why is it that all the young mothers I know NEVER EVER have their babies

with them? It's like they pawn their children off to anyone (especially the grandparents) so that they can party all weekend and at least a few nights each week.

I'm getting pissed at these gals. To be honest, I am in my 30's and do not have anyone to watch my son, Ever! I don't know if I am being resentful because they do have family to take care of their children. Everyone that I know that has kids never has them with them. I have never had a "break" from my son and goodness knows I need one. These girls come over all the time to party with my step sons and disturb my baby's sleep all the time.

DH says that it is because they are young and I need to understand that. All I see is them "spitting" these babies out left and right and not taking care of them!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• WOW... let's all go back to the question and actually read what she asked. With that said, I somewhat agree. I have friends with kids, some older and some younger, and they leave their kids with sitter's all the time. My best friend had her son when she was 16, and she is NEVER with him. She claims that she wants to "enjoy" herself when she goes places... nice, huh? I do become somewhat resentful, because I am states away from any family, and I don't trust just anyone to watch my kids so that I can go out. When I do go out with friends, DH stays with them. But, needless to say, DH and I hardly ever get out together. This is when it gets to me. I do however think that it is unhealthy for you and your child(ren) to spend every waking moment together. Everyone needs a break. But, hey, that's just me.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 11:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• wow talk about stereotyping people... Judgmental much?

I know plenty of young mothers who have their children 24/7 except the occasional couple hours out a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It is not just the "young" parents that do this. I am 23 years old and I have 3 children. My husband works for 3 weeks straight and I never get time away from my kids and I have family that would take them if needed. My husband helps me for the 3 weeks that he is home and that is all that I need. So, I know that there are "older" parents who do the same thing, not just young parents
    LaBoucane

Answer by LaBoucane at 1:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I agree with the previous poster. You seem to be making a generalization based on your own experience. Worrying too much about others. Are you envying them because you can't go out and have fun? Isn't that what you are supposed to give up when you have children? Don't worry about them. Worry about yourself and your own kids. All you end up doing is breed contempt and anger. Life is too short. Try and enjoy your own life with your husband and children.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I get where your coming from, im 19 and i had my son when i was 17. and like half of my friends had kids too very young and they would always say lets go out friday or whatever but its like HOW?! you just had a baby. Im not saying its wrong to go out when you have a kid, but damn not every weekend! i also think because some of my friends babys dads left them, they probably felt like its not fair that he gets to go out and not worry about a thing, like they all felt alone. I dunno, having my son made me grow up big time and i guess it takes time for others. I love my son and i never regret anything, im glad i had him, he made me a better person, i just feel sorry for there kids, there missing out on the special things.
    mamaxkitty

Answer by mamaxkitty at 2:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I am 19 and I go out all the time with my husband...we go OUT to eat, and we take our son with us...he is 5 months and he chills out in his carseat....
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• THANK YOU MAMAXKITTY! As I said, ALL OF THE YOUNG PEOPLE THAT I KNOW! I am not stereotyping people in general, I am basing this question on ALL that I know! Yeah I am pissed and yeah they do this every weekend and generally three to four times per week day also!

The only person that understood where I am coming from is 19. Mamaxkitty, you are GREAT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I was 19 when my daughter was born. My best friend was 18 when her son was born three weeks prior (not planned trust me). She went out a lot while her family watched the baby. I did not. I was a full time college student and a very responsible parent. Once in awhile I would leave her, after she had fallen asleep and run to the store or get coffee with a friend (I lived at my parents' house and they didn't mind her being there sleeping if I was only gone for an hour every once in awhile.) So yeah, there are young women who go out a lot and leave their kids with others, but please don't judge all young mothers. I was a single mother, I graduated a four year program in three years, and I graduated Summa Cum Laude. And I didn't not pawn my child off on anyone to do so.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Be lucky you have the option to be a mother,many wish they had that so called stress and if you did not want it then you should not have kids.
    Also,i know plenty of young mothers that would put the so called older mother to shame.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Hmm I just love how you said "all" young mothers. I'm a young mother and I keep my baby "all" the time and I stay at home all the time too. My husband and I got married and planned our son after we were stable enough to have a baby. We stay at home most of the time and save our money and never spend it. My husband is dedicated to working hard to make money for us. He works a full time job and a weekend job. I think we are pretty dang responsible for our age. I know people in their 30's who still can't raise a child or save money because they have to blow it on their selfish "wants". I don't drink, party or anything. I talk to older people rather than people my age and I practically live the life of the average 25-30 year old mom. Thank you for judging "all" of us young mothers. I suppose that's why you posted anonymous, right?

TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2008