Why did Israel kill a 10 yr old girl, who was doing nothing and then blame Palestine?

Court: Israel responsible for Arab girl's death

By DIAA HADID
Associated Press Writer
JERUSALEM -- A Jerusalem court decided in a ruling made public Tuesday that the Israeli state was responsible for the death of a 10-year-old Palestinian girl killed by gunfire more than three years ago as she stood some distance from a demonstration.

The case gained wide attention because the girl's father, Basam Aramin, was a Palestinian militant turned advocate for Israeli-Palestinian coexistence. He helped found Combatants for Peace, a group of former Israeli and Palestinian fighters who work for a peaceful resolution of the conflict.

Abir Aramin was critically wounded in January 2007 as Israeli border police were dispersing a demonstration of rock-throwing youths in the village of Anata, north of Jerusalem. The girl was standing some distance away and was hit by a rubber-coated bullet. She died two days later in a Jerusalem hos

momentofpeace

Asked by momentofpeace at 8:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Have you seen the rate of Palestinian deaths compared to those of Israeli's? And yet Palestine is seen as the enemy... it bobbles the mind.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think it's all about biased media coverage.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think we should worry about America. Just what we need, to divide our country even more with an international disagreement. There is no way you can know what goes on in this country much less what goes on over their. There is no truth in media when they take sides, and they do take sides all over the world. This fight has been going on for longer than some of you have been alive. Most of you don't have a clue.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

Yes because God forbid Israel be allowed to fight back.

Palistinians are not liked by most of the ME. There is a reason for that.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The fighting Israel is doing is to defend the land of Israel.... Israel is not to strike first unless provoked by an attack. 2ndly you need to read the historic part of the bible ( OT) to understand why these two have been at war for centuries. It has to do with the land. If you read you will find that the land that Palestine is fighting for actually belongs to Israel. BTW you wont find Palestine in the bible but you will find the Philistines.. same people just a name change!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No I haven't IhartU. Do you have a site you can provide me with.
    momentofpeace

Comment by momentofpeace (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I did just watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQguBUUXtD0&feature=related

I had no idea they started all this terrorism.  I am fairly new to all of this with the Palestinians but I am very much aware of what really happened to the Native Americans.  Which is seems familiar to me. 

momentofpeace

Comment by momentofpeace (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• AshleyBDG, do you think the biased media persuaded the Israeli court to rule it Israel's fault? If so what would make you think this?  The evidence was there.  Why it took 3 years is beyond me.

momentofpeace

Comment by momentofpeace (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes because God forbid Israel be allowed to fight back.

But it looks like Israel is fighting and doing 99.9% of it. Right?

What is the reason?

momentofpeace

Comment by momentofpeace (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I had to laugh at "it bobbles the mind"....Bobble-head dolls that you buy for team spirit that sits in your car window. LOL.

The phrase is "It boggles the mind". Yikes...can't anyone get things right?

It is always something..."There" instead of "their", "weather"instead of "whether".....etc. It is making me feel that I am reading a 6th grader's theme paper and seeing too many grammar and spelling errors. The credibility of the poster diminishes ....how can we take your posts seriously? I mean....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Aug. 19, 2010