early miscarriage questions

I was only 5 weeks pregnant (first day of last period was 4 weeks ago), and though I took a few + pregnancy tests and did miss my period, it seems as though I did get my period this morning. I'm okay with it because 1) it wasn't meant to be this month, 2) I know how common it is, 3) I had a wonderful first pregnancy and I have a healthy 10-month old. Here's the question: will the nurse/doctor want to see me to do any tests or will it be my decision? Should I want to see the Dr? Also, it seems to me that b/c it's so early, there's no problem trying again this next month. Thanks for your insights:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had a m/c at 4 weeks, 4 days. The only tests the doctors wanted to do on me was the blood test to make sure my levels were going down & I was in fact miscarrying. Other than that, they didn't do anything. I'm glad that you seem to have the right mindset going through this though. The emotional pain was what was hardest for me, but your head is in the right spot & you're abolutely right! and I don't think you need to worry about starting again next month, it should be ok, but just ask your doc just in case. Good luck!!!
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• they will most likely not do any tests at all, with early miscarriage it's common and unless you have had a lot of them there is no testing after the m/c. next time you get pregnant you can have your levels checked to see if there is something wrong there to catch it quicker and have a better outcome hopefully. some bleeding in early pregnancy is common though and doesn't necessarily mean you have m/c'd yet. your doc will prob check your hcg and then again in another couple of days to see if it's doubling like it should or perhaps do an ultrasound.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I had an early miscarriage, and no tests. I would think the DR.would tell you if he wants you to have tests..I think I started to try again right away, no problems there. Good luck w/tryig ag.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would call your doctor to let them know. It is good to have it on your record in case (god forbid) it is recurrent. Good luck!
    CoachyMom

Answer by CoachyMom at 11:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• what they said, and yes, as long as you feel up to it, you can try again next month.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• When I had a miscarriage they did a surgery that is called a d&c or dnc and they did tests on the fetus.... I think that, that was because they had the opportunity though. So I dont think that they will want to because they were not able to catch it I was much further along and I didn't want to carry a deceased baby inside me so I agreed to have it done.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 20, 2010