Anyone ever buy a deli platter from Stop and Shop

I bought one like 6 years ago so I can't remember if it was worth it, but I figured order a $20 platter, it includs 4 meats (of my choice) and 1 cheese (of my choice) ONLY TO ORDER ONLINE ON THURSDAY AND PICK IT UP SATURDAY but this way I'll have my deli meat for the week for lunches for dh and I.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• sounds like a good plan, i still think you can buy fresh meat at the deli for cheaper, if not you will probably get alot more for your money.

If you figure, average price for meat Per Pound is about 3 dollars, so thats 12 dollars for 4 meats and if you get cheese, you could probably get 2 different typs of cheese with the money left over.

SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 8:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I've gotten them before from grocery stores but not for just the house. I've gotten them for events, parties. You need to see how many pounds of stuff you are getting for $20 to know if you are getting a good deal.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• not condemning your food store but I have never seen a platter that did not cost more than just buying the stuff. After all they have to pay someone to arrange it and make it pretty--and if you are just making a sandwich for your lunch why pay extra for it ? If you go there order the various meats and take em with you, You get to decide how thick to cut them ==it might take ten minutes longer time in the store but if you calculate the extra cost by the time spent you may find it pretty pricey. Add to that you can see the handling of your food the whole time.
    lukee

Answer by lukee at 8:57 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We have sandwichs everyday almost for lunch in the summer, and I buy the two for $5 lunch meat and the $7.99 for 72 slices of american chesse, the cheese lasts longer than a week of course.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• How many pounds of meat? Also can you consume that much deli meat in a week or will some go to waste?This is why I order fresh from the deli -little waste.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It would be fresh from the deli and not sure how many pounds for figured i'd freeze half as i get it
    rhazel76

Answer by rhazel76 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We get this "sub pack" of meats from the prepackaged section! it's six dollars for three pounds and has both ham and turkey.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:30 AM on Aug. 20, 2010