If you are a single mom

Do you bring your dates home to meet your child? I never have, I don't think my DS has ever met any of my boyfriends or dates or anything.

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 8:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think your doing the right thing!! Kids get so attached so easily that introducing them to many different dates is a bad idea. Just my opinion though.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Not just a date. It's been a long time. But when I was dating, I would meet them somewhere. That way I had my car and felt more in control.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Dont let the guy meet your kids until you are at least engaged. Then a long engagement will allow you to see how he interacts w/ your child/ren before you walk down the isle. You can never be too careful when it comes to your kids.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:04 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I dated one guy in between my ex husband & my current BF. He met my DD one time, in a public setting. It was a family gathering. I did not introduce him as my BF or flirt with him, or have any intimate physical contact with him (holding hands & the like). That fizzled out. My DD & I live with my BF now, so of course she knows who he is.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I haven't started dating yet, but when I do I have made myself a rule that a guy I am dating will not met my kids until I'm pretty sure we'll get married. My oldest DD is already trying to hard to find her Daddy and I'm not going to introduce someone she can connect to until I'm sure it's going to be a long term thing.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010