is it ok to take tyenol while pregnant

jaebug

Asked by jaebug at 2:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Health

• yep, Tylenol is the only recommended OTC pain killer for pregnant women.

Ibuprofen is OK until the 3rd trimester starts.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes it's fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes :) You can take Tylenol.
    Ibuprofen (Advil) is definitely a BIG NO NO... but Tylenol is ok. Don't take more than the recommended dose, because it can damage your kidneys and liver. And my doctor told me that if I needed fast relief, to take 2 Tylenol with just a little bit of soda. The caffeine speeds the medicine around your bloodstream so you get relief faster.

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my gynecologist would always tell me to take tylenol when i was pregnant he said that if its not powerful enough then for me to take the whole entire bottle and just gulp it, but i told him what if i get an overdose like that and he's like no thats the healthiest medicine out there when you're pregnant, but then i saw on t.v. that it can damage your liver if you take to much of it, so i guess my ob gyn was an idiot! he even prescribed me 500 mg pills for my high blood pressure to take them every 4 hrs. but thank God I didnt die for listening to his stupidity! well just drink tylenol, its fine, it didnt affect me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• yup lol its like the only pain killer a dr will suggest lol ..
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:49 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• for everyone that said no ibuprofen in response to me. read this
    http://www.drugs.com/ibuprofen.html
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 7:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2008