Am I doing the right thing??

My daughter doesn't like tummy time. I don't make her. I let her try to make herslef strong on her own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never did tummy time if my kids didn't want to. All 3 were perfectly fine and hit developmental milestones at the perfect time if not early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It is up to youchildren go one there own. I did alot with first child and my second she seems to take her time with everything. Just keep trying here and there and then one day she might like it.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 2:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My baby doesn't like it either, whereas my older two actually preferred to be on their tummy if they weren't sleeping. I honestly don't think it's harmful as far as development goes if she doesn't do it.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• mine never did and he walked by nine months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My dd hated being on her tummy at first...I'd put her like that for about 5 or 10 minutes and she would start to fuss....But once she was able to roll over from her back to her tummy, at about 2 1/2 months old, I can't keep her off her tummy! I wouldn't worry about it....
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 2:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My dd didn't do much tummy time but she is rolling like crazy and crawling a bit here and there. She sits up and tries to stand and she is nearly 8 months. You may want to get a book or a toy to put down there with her so that she has something to focus on and is therefore less likely to get upset. Or lay on your tummy with her with your face touching hers and play with her a little. Then she may not even realize she is on her tummy
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• You could also try propping her arms and upper chest up on a Boppy pillow so she isn't eating the carpet, but she still builds neck strength. I hate any form of exercise and strength training but I do it anyway because it's good for me. You should try to do it even if it's only a couple minutes a day because it is good for her. Get down there with her, talk to her, make silly faces, etc. and she might not mind as much.
    indexmom

Answer by indexmom at 2:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2008