The Duggars--19 kids & counting...

I read that the older daughters do the cooking, cleaning and taking care of the smaller children.. The boys can work outside the home, but it is quite impossible for the girls..What do you think about this?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 9:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I couldn't agree with you more SuperrMommyy - I think the whole thing is just ridiculous! What are those parents really teaching their children about parenting? That when you become a parent you don't actually have to parent - your kids will do it for you. Just keep having babies - anything for the ratings....
    I've said it once, I'll say it again - There should be a vaccine for stupid!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 10:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think it's sad. Those children did not ask to be born. The parents wanted the large family, they need to be the parents, not the older girls.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think that they are absolutely NUTS! Do you see the vacant look on the Mothers face. Sure, keep on having children since the mother is simply a womb now. Life for her is easier than the average Mother who does most everything in the home. She has multiple live in nannies & landscapers. The Media is feeding this craziness and they are reaping the benefits. Who's the jerk here? Us for watching it!!! Sorry to be so blunt but it is now verging on mania to bear more offspring. That's my opinion.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• They're training them for the roles they expect them to fufill when they get married. BS if you ask me. I think quite a few of them are going to separate themselves from that lifestyle however. I can see the rebel in them!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• it is sad for girls born into that kinda lifestyle (not just the duggars) but to have such little opportunity! it is like they are from 100 years ago or something. i think all the kids need to have an equal amount of work in the family and be given the same rights no matter of gender. how about the fact that they dont seem to let the girls even wear pants or short hair.... you can tell when you watch that one of the daughters doesnt exactly fit in and she plans on being a nurse and i doubt they stop her because she is so obviously bored with their way of doing things.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• first of all, the duggars teach the girks how to fix cars, and how to do building projects also! They are very good people, and I strive to be like them moraly! I think that if you paid more attention, you would see that that older boys also have to help with the children! People are so judgemental, plus the girls are allowed to work, and go to college also, if they choose , they even say that they can wear pants, but they choose not to!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It is their family. It works for them.
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 9:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i think they are a tradtional family with traditional values. I do not think that they will hold their girls back from an education, but alot of people down south were i live believe this as well.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 9:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• They do what it takes to raise a large family.. if that means everyone chipping in.. then i guess thats how they do it
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 9:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• so many kids need to be adopted...its there family I just think wow....just wow lol!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2010