Mini pill and period 7 days late?

I'm breastfeeding, my baby is 10 months old and I'm taking the mini pill called "Errin", I've never had any spotting or anyhting, I started to take it when my baby was 2 months old. Last month I got my first period after the birth of my baby (I was surprised because I still BF day and night), now I'm 7 days late, should I get my period or not because I'm on mini pill? This mini pill is making me crazy, in the meanwhile my baby is waking up every 2 hours in the night and I guess my milk is going away :-(

shining8250

Asked by shining8250 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can take a while after you have a baby for your period to become regular.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i have no idea what a "mini pill" is, but i do know my body was all sorts of out of whack for about a year after i had my daughter.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 9:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• After my daughter I went on the mini pill bc I was bf too. Yes it can make your milk stop or slow down (mine did so I stopped taking it), so if that is a concern get off of it and talk with your dr. As far as your period goes it can be late from a change in bfing pattern, or it can be late from just not being regular yet. It took mine 5-6 months to get back to 28 days. Also it would not hurt to take a pregnancy test if you are worried about that...just to ease your mind.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I wish I could take a pregnancy test but I have to wait until tomorrow (I'm without car), this time I will buy many of them, this pill make me paranoid.lol
    shining8250

Comment by shining8250 (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2010