Will Obama really make the changes?

All I keep hearing about when people say they are voting for Obama is WE NEED CHANGE! Don't all pres. canidates say they are going to CHANGE things? What makes you believe that Obama will be the one to actually implement the changes he talks about? My big issue right now is with health care...I have no insurance and I am leaning towards Obama on that issue. BUT...will he do what he says or is he just telling us what we want to hear so he will be voted into office? I live in Illinois, and I haven't seen any changes in anything in this state that effect the average middle income family. I'm not bashing him, I'm just really curious about why everyone thinks he will be the one that will actually MAKE the CHANGES that he talks about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope.

There's no way he can cut taxes and implement all his "I'm here to help" programs as well as implement his health plan. What will happen is his mandates and increases in corporate taxes will drive health insurance companies out of business and then the government will have to take over. He knows darn good and well that most Americans won't go for socialized medicine but he hopes that this incremental approach will work.
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 2:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It probably won't be right away, but it will happen. No one can go into office and change things right away, no one. but Obama gets it. He realizes we are struggling right now, and knows it can't keep going the same way that it is. He has fresh eyes and I believe he feels for us and loves this country and wants the best, I fully 1 billion percent belive in him. Not all presidents have claimed the "change" thing. But once it cought on, McCain sure was quick to hop on the bandwagon. McCain says he wants to change things too. I don't believe he will be drastic enoough. Obama knew this housing market was bad 2 years ago, just because he hasn't been in office as long as McCain, and only because of age, he gets what's going on. Please vote for Obama, he really is the best pick. The only reason I'm posting this anonymously is because I'm tired of getting in fights with the republicans lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think he will make changes. just not over night. you can't expect him to do in 2 years what has taken 8 years to destroy. I think slowly but surely he'll get it done.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• no he wont ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• yes he will :)
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 3:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• he will just give him time. remember he is inheriting a huge mess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think during a different time period someone with Obama's ideals could make some positive changes in the country. With the country is a financial crisis, it's not time to grow government and spend more money. With our country in the midst of a war, it's not time to cut military, or turn tail and run before the job is done. When you can't buy anything made in the USA, it's not time to raise taxes on the companies that are still with us and chase them out of the country.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes he will. :D Obama 2008!
    MMaland99

Answer by MMaland99 at 4:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• EVERY candidate says they are agoing to CHANGE something... and they usually lie. he wont do majority of the things he says
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• He CAN'T! He can promise and promise and sympathize and empathize will America all he wants, but he will not be able to get enough people on board to make the changes he promises.. time or not. Let's be realistic. The facts are there. Research it. The reason he knew about things like the housing market two years ago is because he PROFITTED from it. Google Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and watch Obama's name come up. He is an awesome speaker, and the powers behind him, and there are plenty that helped get him fast-tracked to where he is now, knew that he was a very charismatic, influential, and the "Savior" that this country is looking for to ride in and "save" us. But guess what? He isn't! Yes, he is all the deceiving things I just listed, but he will only do in office exactly what he has already been doing: Show up, Participate when told to, and collect his paycheck(s). Good luck with that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2008