Fience vs Career

Okay so I am a 22 year old mother of 2! Wow! I am attempting to go to school full time and work full time and have a family life! GRRRRR This is not working! I am going crazy! I need to know how some women do it and they also dont have a significant other to help along the way! Well what I am really here to vent about is that I have chose the career path of becoming a preschool teacher. I love it! The only set back is that the things that I learn in classes is hurting my relationship with my fience. He has a differnt disipline style than I have learned! I try talking to him some what but it never really sinks in. Is it possible my career choice can be reuining my family? I need some advie please!

Kaylarf

Asked by Kaylarf at 9:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• yes it is possible, there is no right way to parenting, if what your Fiance disipline style has been working for your family why not stick to it as long as ur not beating the child.

SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 9:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Its not really working though. Like the kids listen to him more but thats because I am never home. I really want to share with him what I have learned about things but he just done want to listen.
    Kaylarf

Comment by Kaylarf (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No parent is right about everything. Why not take parenting classes together?
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• we have done that before. He just dont agree with it
    Kaylarf

Comment by Kaylarf (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• What you're learning is how to control other people's children, not your own. The lessons you're learning regarding pre-schoolers will work when they're in an unsafe (to them) environment with an unknown person (you)... it's not what works in a close family relationship that feels safe and familiar to the child.

Teachers often ask why it is they can control a room of 18 small children, and not their own 4yo --but the reason is because they're unaware of the subtle and ongoing threat that is used to control others' kids that just doesn't work on their own.

It may not have crossed your mind, but every time you tell your husband you've learned this or that, you're saying 'I think you're incompetent.' You're trying to give him information he doesn't have any need for, and you're not listening to him about what he's learned and discovered. Mutual disrespect may become a problem for you, sooner rather than later.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:19 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You can do everything you want in life... but you can't do everything at once.

The way others do it is by getting/hiring help, taking drugs (amphetamines are helpful, you only need to sleep every three or four days), or simply not doing a lot of what many people consider 'normal' or 'necessary.'

They're your priorities --do what you want with them.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I've done it. The first time is when my oldest son was a year old at that time I had no help ( other than the baby sitter) from anyone else ( he's 32 now) and I am going to school now and raising my 12 yr old grandson. But I have a great support system and a s/o that pitches in and helps any time I need or want him to. Nobody said life or parenting was easy, believe me when I say that the older the kids get the harder it is. Shorten one to part time, ( school or job) and see how that works .
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010