Is my daughter spoiled?

My boyfriend says she is spoiled because when I am at work and he is taking care of her is all she does is cry. But when she is with me she will only cry if she is hungry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no she just doesn't like him! make sure he knows not to shake a baby tho.
    adoramydear

Answer by adoramydear at 2:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• How old is she? She may have developed some degree of separation anxiety. I don't really think you can spoil an infant. That early in life you need to teach them that you are there to support and care for them and that they mean something to you. I think she just wants her mommy. How well does she know your boyfriend? This could get better in time. Ensure that he has a playpen or a high chair that straps so he can leave her there and leave the room if he needs a break from her though. Good luck.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:49 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My husband gets upset when he's trying to take the baby for me, because all she did was cry to. Until I made him realize that it's because he wasn't holding her like she wanted held, and he wasn't interacting with her. The baby "doesn't like" my 9 year old for the same reason. As soon as they started paying attention to her needs, and not theirs, now she doesn't cry with them. Maybe he just doesn't know how to make her happy?
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 4:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My daughter does the same thing she is 12months. The catch she does it for her Dad. My husband. Its crazy she doesnt do it for me. I think it is seperation anxiety. because she also throws a fit if I go upstairs to use the bathroom and leave her behind. But please do be careful. You hear so many horror stories about the boyfriend hurting the baby while babysitting. Im NOT saying hes like that. But we do have an extra amount of love and patience for our own children. Good Luck and God Bless.
    Anangelsmommy7

Answer by Anangelsmommy7 at 5:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Crying is her most effective means of communication. It is a signal to do something! YOu did not mention her age, so it could be any number of things. Separation anxiety, in which case, you must always be sure to have a mini-goodbye routine, so baby will learn to realize that you are leaving, and returning. Baby may cry for boredom, hunger, thirst, needing snuggling, diaper changes. If you boyfriend is meeting all these needs and baby is still unhappy, I would make alternate arrangements.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 7:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• she might be needing something he's not giving her. they usually cry for naps, attention, hunger or boredom. my baby girl also fusses to be held a certain way!
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 9:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2008