are you like me?

We do not have cable or even local channels in our house. We do have Netflix though. So we never have the tv on. However, I ALWAYS have music on. My DD & I always singing with the back ground music. So, are you like me?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Entertainment

• Pretty much..we don't have cable at the moment.. we watch movies at night, but all during the day, the radio is on.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:08 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Nope, the radio is always on in the car only. I love music, but my son wants to watch Olivia and Wall-E all day.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:10 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We got rid of the TV about 7ish years ago. Overall we haven't regretted it once. There have been a couple times where it would have been nice to be able to invite friends over to watch a movie or something, but, meh. That's not sufficient motivation to waste the money and space. DH is FAR more interested in having his music on all the time. I prefer it on, but kinda quiet. I like to actually be able to hear when people are talking to me ;).

coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:10 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have cable and there is still nothing on! I play music most of the time unless we watch a recorded program or DVD.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• nope, around here, it's cheaper to bundle cable, internet, and phone. I'd actually pay more if I didn't have cable because of the way their pricing work.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Not quite. We don't have cable, but we have local channels and subscribe to Netflix. My radio is always on in the car and whenever I am cleaning. I tend to clean more efficiently with background music.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have cable, but I never watch TV unless my husband is watching it. I always have music on, on the TV. We have the music channels that play just music, no commercials or videos.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No cable here. We get a few regular channels and of course 3 PBS channels. But we watch tv a good amount of time. But at night we have the downloads from iTunes. We watch the shows that we like without the commercial breaks and we have spent less watching HBO and SI Fi shows than getting cable. We do have music on some but with the kids homeschooling it is hard for them to concentrate.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 10:18 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Kinda, but not really, lol. We have cable, but I rarely watch TV during the day. I DVR all of my favorite shows and watch them late at night. However, I will turn the tv to the channels with just music. There's this goofy kids one that put on for my son. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My DH and I decided not to have cable for years, we finally gave in to get Internet at home about 3 years ago. We don't watch a lot of tv even with the cable, we listen to music all of the time. If we watch a movie, we just do the pay per view thing.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2010