Family drama- what should I do?

My brother had a really expensive sportscar that he built worth over $70,000. My other brother was anxious to buy it and he refused. Fastforward two years later my brother with the expensive sportscar decides to give it to another brother (whose wife also happens to be sisters with his wife. He traded another car with him which happened to be another car that he previously owned. My other brother was furious and there was a big argument and now my sil told my mom to no longer expect her at any parties and the family is finished. I feel so bad to be typecasted with my brother too. What should I do?It is a very bad situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Stay out of it. I have 3 sisters who are always in some degree of a fight - the last time they were fighting my dad got dragged into it, my bil ended up calling one sister and yelling at her about what dad said. Everyone called me and I will listen but I will not tell them what to do or take sides and they know that. It's pretty bad when my 12 yo and 7 yo are asking me why their aunts are always fighting.

At any rate let them fight it out amongst themselves and don't interject because somehow you'll end up being the bad guy.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• stay out of it, it isn't your fight
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• wow im lost...

Just stay out of it.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 10:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It's a freaking car!
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• There isn't anything for you to do except to accept the decisions that others have made. You must treat all of them exactly as you would want them to treat you. I would continue to invite them to every family event. If they choose to stay away, that is their choice, but you will have done the right thing. There is no way you can fix what has happened between the brothers. It is out of your control, but you do still have control over yourself and your actions. So continue to invite, and I would also be praying that God would mend the rift between them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:15 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I agree, just stay out of it. Hope they get over this because it's silly. Nothing important to tear the family apart.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'd just let it go for now, let everyone calm down and maybe once everyone is calm in about a month or so, go on over there or give sil your that brother a call. Try not to take sides. I wouldnt even discuss that situation in particular with any of them..thats thier petty arguement, not yours. Good Luck :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• call your sil and tell her that she shouldnt take it out on you and your family if she is just mad at the one brother... sounds like she is jumping in the deep end.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I agree with kimberlyinberea. It's their argument not yours, let things calm down a little, and just treat your brothers and sil's as you always have. Although I can understand the one brother might be hurt because he wanted the car....the car did belong to the other brother, and he had a right to do with it as he pleased.

Bottom line, although that's my opinion...just based on what I know about the situation....I'd do my best to stay out of the line of fire.
    Good luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No doubt you should just stay away from that. Its still a while before the holidays and chances are it will all be smoothed over by then. Just stay neutral and invite them each over on their own to visit at your house and don't mention it while they're there.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2010