Why aren't they complaining about all the Mosques?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38760800/ns/politics-more_politics/

Mosques already near World Trade Center site
Muslims allowed to pray less than 80 feet from Pentagon's 9/11 memorial

momentofpeace

Asked by momentofpeace at 10:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Protecting our people's freedoms, as well as not adding insult to injury when it comes to our Muslim brethren (these poor people, who have not only suffered and died as non-Muslim Americans have in the attacks, but who have suffered the indignity of having their religion hijacked by people who clearly distort its teachings, as well as the insult of being held responsible and treated with hatred and disdain for the actions done by those people who do not represent their way of thought) is a little more important than pandering to fear and misunderstanding. I believe its important to make the point that these are our brothers and sisters, who have been victimized just as we have, if not even more so, and I believe its important to make the stand - together, not merely as Christians or as Muslims, but as Americans... (continued)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• If you look at all of the other "Offensive" things which are within a 6 block radius of GZ, I don't see how anyone can.

As I stated yesterday, it is ONE religious group that feels they are the ONLY ones entitled to religious freedom who are fueling this... And, @ You know who- Atheist's don't have much, if any conflict with Musilms, they don't militantly indoctrinate our children in their schools, on their playgrounds, and terrorize them for NOT converting. In our schools, christians are the terrorists.... You asked why, there is your answer. Now, go take that out of context, misquote me, and have another pity my religion fest.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:15 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I personally think the entire issue is an outrage. It's like reopening a wound that just started healing.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Because all the Mosques are not the issue. Offensive things are not the issue. Geeze This has nothing to do with most of what the left is portraying it to be about. It's a matter of sensitivity to those who had loved ones killed for one. It also has to do with the Imam who believes in Sharia law, won't call Hamas a terrorist group and though he insists it is to bring people together refuses to consider another spot for his Community center complete with Mosque in it. There is also a matter of where this Imam is getting his funding. FOX Business channel showed the guys tax return (public knowledge) that showed he claimed his income as $18,000 last year. The proposed costs are over 100 mil There are just to many unknowns here.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have said that I have a strong feeling that if it had been a Christian group, instead, wanting to build a church there, people would be going on and on about how much they support it and the symbolism of our unshaken Christian faith, a sign that we as Americans and Christians haven't been scared, and are still here, strong as ever.

Yet we forget that Muslims died that day, too, and that they, too, stand strong in the face of pain and suffering.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• LAURA2U The liberals don't care about Muslims, they only care about showing us Americans We ARE AMERICANS TOO

that what we think doesn't matter What you think DOESN'T matter....its a FREE COUNTRY

. Build the Mosque for all I care, Thats what SHOULD HAPPEN

but don't tell me I can't then have religious freedom also. Who said YOU can't?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• OP~ The only judging I see comes from one religious sector, and it's not just Muslims who have to endure it.

If you saw a little kid on the playground getting beat up by a much larger one, would you have the knee jerk reaction to intervene?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

•  It also has to do with the Imam who believes in Sharia law, won't call Hamas a terrorist group and though he insists it is to bring people together

He was good ebough to work with the FBI & the Bush Admin.....now he is being demonized by the right

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• To answer the OP..they are complaining about THIS one because FOX news manufactured the story...

in order to benefit THEIR PAID FOR POLITICAL CANDIDATES in NOVEMBER

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Why are liberals suddenly so worried about religious freedom and tolerance? When have liberals ever stood up for ANY religious group and cheered for tolerance? Would they cheer if a Christian church wanted to put a nativity scene by the city park? Probably not. Would they back my cause if I wanted to stand at the 9/11 site and preach repentance? No, I'd be removed immediately. Why weren't the liberals preaching religious tolerance when the Greek Orthodox church was denied the right to rebuild by the 9/11 site years ago?
    For me, as a Christian and an Independent, this isn't about a mosque. It isn't about the Muslim faith. For me it's about tolerance for EVERY religious group. Why are the liberals so high-strung on getting this mosque there? What is their motive? They've proven they don't care one iota about religious tolerance. They want to shut up every religious group they can. (cont)
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 12:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010