Do you like applesauce? Homemade?

I think most of the jarred applesauce is really tart. I prefer the smooth to the one's with the chunky bits of apple throughout the sauce. I've never tried to make my own. I have recipes but have never tried to see what making it myself would produce. How about you?

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• any time apples are in season we make our own. it's so incredibly easy that I wonder why people would buy it at all.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My kids love applesauce. I have considered making it myself since I have two apple trees on my property but I have never done it. Is it really hard?
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 10:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i like store bought better actually... although the homemade one was my mom's first try so it might be she just needs to work on her recipe :P my son LOVES applesauce and especially with grahm crackers, he would eat that everyday if i let him :P some applesauce brands better then others though, i bought generic this last time and he didn't like it that much @@
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I love making applesauce! It is really easy to make. I can't wait for fall so I can start making it.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i did homemade apple sause when my two year old was a baby. it was very good, but my older 3 wouldn't try it and it was too much work for just one kid out of 4.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 10:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I love applesauce! Especially my mom's chunky homemade applesauce when it's fresh and sometimes even when it's still warm
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We love applesauce we make it & buy it it really does not matter to us we just love it..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I prefer it homemade. Then I can control the sweetness.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I like the chunky cinnamon kind ---yummy
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My mom makes the BEST home made applesauce. It is hard to even think about eating the storebought kind...
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:03 AM on Aug. 19, 2010