Have you ever consider selling something that's just a hobby?

I do flower arrangements for what I call therapy and give as gifts. Many friends tell me to try and sell them . I have no idea how or where to try and start that, or if I even want to. Do anyof you consider or started selling your hobbies?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I decorate cakes for friends and family, but don't sell them. I just ask that they reimburse me for the cost. They try to tell me that I should start a business, but I enjoy doing it for fun, I don't want to deal with the business aspects.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• would love to
    i used to paint, abstract
    i have two paintings in the art musuem across the street
    it is not because my work is good
    it is anyone can put two things in if you live in the county
    but i does make me think i would love to make some money from my art

you could try to faRMERs market
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:32 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You could sell them at a flea market.
    I knit and would love to sell the blankets, but buy the time I pay for the yarn, no one would pay for the labor too.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:28 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I knit and crochet and sometimes I make jewelry...I would love to sell it, but I doubt anyone would want to buy it from me...oh yeah and I am also going to start knitting as soon as I get a working sewing machine
    KnitWit0686

Answer by KnitWit0686 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I knit, crochet, make jewelry...all kinds of stuff. I sell at the local craft shows. You need a different mind set when you sell your handmade things. People will NOT pay you for your time, and there will be atleast 6 other people selling the same thing you are. The best you can hope for is doubling the cost of materials. My best sales were just before Christmas when I would invite all my friends over for coffee and pastry and a little last minute shopping. My friends love the things I make and appreciate my time. Strangers don't have a clue.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You could alway try online etsy.com is a community to sell handmade items.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• A decorate cakes biz is better as a word of mouth. Tell your friends that you are looking to make some extra money. If they know of any who would like a cake decorated to give you a call. You will make more money if you keep your overhead low.
    xpandyourmind

Answer by xpandyourmind at 6:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yep. I used to make an assortment of hippue crafts that people would offer to buy from me, but I always just gave them away.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• yes.just look around online and at local fairs to see what you might want to try or sell.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• They is an site that sells only homemade things where you can buy the item or swap for another homemade item. That would be a great place.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 21, 2010