What can I do to naturally lower cholestrol and to help with stress?

My Cholestrol level is 24o. I don't want to take anything unless it is natural. Got any suggestions. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Health

• You can eat either oatmeal or cheerios for breakfast (use skim milk if you need milk). Stay away from all fried foods, opt for baked or boiled... Eat more fish and brown rice.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 10:32 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I can only tell you that it comes with a good diet, or eating plan, and exercise. For example, we totally cut out all butter, replaced it with Olive Oil. We do not eat any fast or fried foods. Eat plenty of vegetables, fresh if possible. Take the time to learn how to cook vegetables to make them good. Plenty of fish, chicken, and even some lean beef. You are going to want to eat lots of protein. Walk if you don't get enough exercise. Start as easy as parking your car far out in the parking lots. Walk around the mall, just anywhere you need to go. Always consider walking before driving, if possible.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The best things for stress is to make sure you're getting enough sleep at night. Also, you could try meditation. They've proven that even just 10 minutes of good meditation a day can really reduce stress. Another thing you can do to reduce stress is to try deep breathing when you're feeling stressed. And laugh more.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 10:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Avocados are good for reducing cholesterol and blood pressure. They are rich in potassium.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Eat correctly and exercise.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'd google a low cholestrol diet. I do know cutting down on eggs or at least the yolks will help. I just had egg white scrambled eggs. Start exercising, at least walking helps too. How about a hot bath with soothing music or candles? (whatever calms you)

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Buy cereals that are delicious and are your favorite flavors and contain fiber, and all the good stuff. some cereals do have value for lowering cholesterol but not all have as much, just a handful though.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Garlic for the cholesterol
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• yoga. i had blood pressure issues after it shot up during my first pregnancy (hellp syndrome) and took months to go down with meds. i started yoga and my blood pressure was AMAZING! it is pretty easy to do too. there are shows on cable you can tape and do at home with no witnesses... my blood pressure is like 100/65. it helps to relax obviously. chollestrol has a lot to do with diet. i know my mil had to give up stuff like peanut butter toast and frozen lunches/ lunchmeat. most ppl can control it with diet for a long time
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Add some raw nuts, a little olive oil and Omega 3 Fish like Salmon to your diet too. They have the good fats that help lower your bad cholesterol (LDL) and raise your good cholesterol (HDL). You only need to have about 1/4 cup of nuts a day and two teaspoons of olive oil (used in salad dressing or cooking) to get the good fats you need.
    Take the B vitamins to help with stress.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2010