Do you buy the cheap bread or splurge on a specific brand?

I thnk Arnold Bread has a terrific line of breads to meet all tastes. However, if you try to buy some of the cheaper brands they just don't have the taste I'm used to in a bread. I guess I'm spoiled when it comes to selection and the old cliche is still "you get what you pay for " I guess is so true.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Cheap bread--it all tastes the same to me..lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I buy the more expensive bread, but it is because of the nutritional value. If you carefully read the labels, there is a great deal of difference in fiber content and such qualities.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:32 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Peppridge Farm Soft Oatmeal. There is no substitute. If I'm broke at the end of the month I might buy the cheap stuff but when I get money I buy the other then freeze the cheap stuff. It's ok for toast or in a pinch.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I only buy good bread... bread that has ingredients I can understand, no high fructose corn syrup, no strange chemical names.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• we don't go through to much bread in my house so I opt for the cheap bread. Although sometimes I will splurge on a good brand like peppridge farm brand, I just make sure use the whole loaf!
    inezmm2000

Answer by inezmm2000 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i TRY to always buy the same kind, but its not the name brand expensive stuff its just our Safeway brand whole wheat bread... i sometimes get the 100% whole grain with WIC and its good too but it seems to spoil much faster ??? I can't stand the walmart brand stuff but will get it if we're already there and need bread cause its more convenient, but it just seems to taste worse. Hubby can't stand the SaraLee stuff cause its too sweet, havne't tried too many other brands :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I mostly eat the Orowheat Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins. I don't like the store brand bread and it has no fiber----not even the so called "wheat bread".
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Cheaper for now unless a namebrand is on sale.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• SInce our family has grown...I reluctantly buy the cheap bread. Sigh.
    I had this conversation with dh the other night,lol.
    It used to be just my son and I...I was a single mom before I met current dh. I always bought the most healthy bread I could find and my son wouldnt even bother with the cheaper breads...let alone the forbidden white bread,lol.
    Since dh came along and our family like quadrupled, we buy one step up from the cheapest bread...AND most of the time its the white bread.
    Oh well. :/ lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I am poor and use Food Stamps. I get the cheap bread, I can't be splurging on the healthy stuff.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2010