OK here is the deal!!!

My dd which is 21 months old won't pee pee in her pull up but will in her panties ..When she has a pull-up on she lets me know when she has to go pee and pulls me to the potty..but when she has her panties on when she has to pee she goes in her room and pee's on the floor!
What is going on? why can't i get her to go potty when she has her panties on?Did/do anyone else have this trouble? what did you do to get her to go pee in the potty when she had panties on?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 10:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would just take her to the potty every 30 mins to an hour so there's no pee left to come out on your floor, but to be honest, my son wasn't ready to train until he was 2 1/2, so who knows if she's even ready. But hey, if she does well with the pull-ups, why switch to underwear?? She probably not ready for those yet...wait until she's old enough to understand that we don't pee in our underwear.
    bianchi01

Answer by bianchi01 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• my almost 3 year old wont' tell me when he wants to go at all, will pee in his diaper, pull up and underpants.. we've been working on every method since 18 months... lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We didnt do pull ups i think they slowed my daughter down anyways with potty training.

We let her pick out her own underware, she picked dora and we told her not to get dora wet. and she didnt she remembered to go into the potty.

But ur daughter is still alittle young its okay if she doesnt get it just yet.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 10:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Okay, so in this case, i would switch to JUST underwear and don't go back. Just have her sit every hour until she understands to tell you and not pee in her room.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 10:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Maybe she thinks her pull ups are cute and dont want to make a mess in them? lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would put her back into diapers. She doesn't sound ready to be potty trained. I left the training up to my daughter and she did an amazing job, she has never wet the bed or had an accident.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• But she do go pee in the potty as long as she is wearing a pull-up.She just won't let me know when she is wearing panties!
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• is it warm enough to let her run around naked on the bottom
    MAYBE she will not like it running down her leg
    but if she pees in panties and not diaper sounds like maybe she wiill not care and just pee on floor
    why not just use pull ups until she masters it more??
    i know expensive, but if she is NOT peeing in them, it is working
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• ps
    are the pull ups easier for her to get down??
    maybe the reason
    gl
    mine is three and has only peed in potty three times
    still in diapers
    but she is moderate autism, so i have a different schedule for her
    i heop before four years old, and one of her therapists looked at me oddly when i said four was my goal for potty training, she said that was pretty optimistic, i hope not too optimistic

wish me luck!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• no her panties are easier to pull down then the pull-ups.
    Fiatpax-Lots of luck with potty training your little one!
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2010