Remakes

I have noticed an incline in remakes lately, but DH just told me about one that really gets my goat. He just read that they are remaking True Grit. IMO there are two actors that stand out when it comes to movies that should not be remade...they are John Wayne and Elvis. there are other movies done by great actors that shouldn't be touched, but when it comes to those two all of their movies should be off limits. And to touch True Grit, the John Wayne movie, well I think it insulting.

Raine2007

Asked by Raine2007 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Entertainment

• Wow...Rooster would be pissed. LOL

I got to be an extra in a remake that's coming out next year. There was no need for that movie either. It's a Sam Peckinpah movie "Straw Dogs".
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Meh. The only thing that bothers me is when they remake something just because Americans can't read subtitles, and the remake sucks.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It just kills me that they feel the need to remake movies ever....Well I can see some of the black and whites and some of the silents films, but even then I would rather go to the theater to see the original on the big screen.
    Raine2007

Comment by Raine2007 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I just think of it as they are remaking it because it was such a hit the first time and they see an easy way to make a hit again
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think they should leave them be. No remakes. IMO
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 10:52 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't think anyone but the Duke could make it a hit. Most remake fall flat.
    Raine2007

Comment by Raine2007 (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• They do remakes because the script is already written (mostly) and nobody has to come up with an original idea. It's cheaper and faster and people still go see it.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 12:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Not that fond of remakes myself, especially since I saw somewhere that The Crow was going to be a possible remake. THAT is one movie that DOES NOT need to be remade. Hell, they shouldn't have made the sickquels

They are making all the remakes because they are too lazy to be original or they turn down original stories from unknowns.  

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010