Military kids?

How much does moving around affect your kids? Do they tell you that they don't like it? Do they enjoy living a lot of places? Do you ever have to move in the middle of the school year?

Mom2unangel

Asked by Mom2unangel at 10:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was a military kid, one school year I had 4 elementary schools. I wouldn't have changed it for the world. I learned how to make friends quickly, and how to adjust to new situations. I'm an adventurer at heart, I have a lot of confidence, and nothing intimidates me. I know that part of who I am is because of our life in the military, and I'm thankful for that.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My mother was a millitary kid but she was raised by her step father and she couldnt stand him so she liked him away. She also lived in Greece for a while and loved it there. Plus she just recently got in touch with all of her old friends from the high school she went to out there.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• we are military and we have moved 3 times, and my kids enjoy it! They get to experience different cultures, and see many places! Moving in the middle of the school year is not a big deal beacuse all army /military schools are the same school district (DODEA). I love moving, and my kids love making new friends! It is a wonderful experience for all! They have 20 more years of this, so I hope that I can make it fun!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010