Activities for a 2, almost 4, and 9 year old?

I need some creative ideas of things my 2 and almost 4 year old can do together. The older one thinks she can do whatever her sister (who is 9) can do and the 2 year old thinks he needs to do what the older 2 girls do. So what are some activites that would be age appropriate for the younger ones but something that could entertain all 3 of them? They play together a bit but either the 2 year old gets left out of the 9 year old gets bored. They color together some but the 2 year old ends up trying to eat the crayons or breaks them because he gets bored.

mama2my2girls

Asked by mama2my2girls at 10:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Chalk outside? Can make a hop scotch and see who can do it. Maybe karioke? Dancing... that's for all ages.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 10:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Playing hide and go seek, tossing a ball, tag (9 year old will need to be careful here).
    Indoor activities: coloring, paint with washable water colors or shaving cream (fun), play dough, reading to them (have your 9 year old do this sometimes---It will build her confidence in reading as well as being the big sister).
    I hope these ideas help.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Scavenger hunts! I start by giving them a picture of an item located around the house, when they locate that item there's another clue hidden there that leads to the next item and next clue. They all work together (8, 6, 4.) They all have a lot of fun with it and at the end of the scavenger hunt I leave Flinstones Vitamins or some other treat. This occupies them for a good 30min or more, depending how long I make the scavenger hunt and how hard/bad my drawings are.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 10:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Chalk outside.
    Ride their bikes/trikes around the driveway.
    Color.
    Go to the park together.
    Crafts. Like making puppets, finger paints, drawings, macaroni pictures, etc.

familyfun.go.com/
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:03 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Playground
    Walking trails
    Swimming pool/beach
    Hot/cold game(the 2 yo probably won't understand it right away, but will most likely laugh because the older two will be giggling)
    Water fights outside
    Bozo bucket, the oldest can help keep score to help with math and not be boring
    Scavenger hunt, make a list of stuff for the kids to find, give them each a bucket and let them find the stuff, can either be outside or inside
    Make an obstacle course either outside or inside, you can time the older two to make it more fun
    Build a fort inside
    Have everyone help make picnic food then head outside for a picnic
    Go feed the ducks
    Zoo and museums, some days they have free admission
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2010