How do you know if your a good mother or not?

Jolena21

Asked by Jolena21 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know I am a good mother because I am an active parent in my childrens lives, I engage with them and make sure they are safe, warm and fed. Are you a good parent???
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Well.. I think Im a good Mommy.. My kids are clothed, fed, have a roof over their heads, they smile & they know they are loved.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You don't. But the fact that you're concerned is a good sign, because it means that you care about the quality of your parenting.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't think you do.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It's simple. Is your kid loved, fed, taught? Does your child have what he/she needs to survive? If so, you are a good mom. Not much else you can do. Try your best. And the fact that you wonder and care about being a good mom let's us know you are one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I just know because I love them more than anyone or anything in this world and theres nothing that would keep me from keeping them safe,nurtured, love and well taken care of.And they KNOW I love them because I show them every single day. I'm not a perfect mom..far from it...but who ever said love was perfect anyways? :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Honestly, I'm not sure you can really answer that question until your children are grown and you can see how they turned out. And even then, the grace of God comes into play. All I can tell you is that I did do the very best that I knew to do for them, every day that they were in my care. I made many mistakes, but God in His mercy more than made up for what I did wrong.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Agree NannyB
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 10:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I agree with SWasson, you don't ever know for sure, all you can do is your best. My father gave me one rule to follow as a parent....I don't think he knew that's what he was doing, but he told me that he didn't always know what the right thing to do was, and so he just tried to always discipline, and make his decisions out of love....not out of anger, not out of fear or frustration...but out of love. I've tried hard to make that my rule, but I'm not perfect at it.

Don't worry though....someday when your kids are teenagers, they'll be happy to tell you what kind of parent they think you've been!!! LOL

I'm sure you're doing fine.....congratulations on your new baby.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My kids are healthy, happy, active, kids. They give me hugs and kisses. My son is always wanting to cuddle with me. That's how I know I'm a good mom. Especially knowing that they love spending time with me. They are happy and healthy, that seals the deal that they're in good hands.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2010