have you had your gallbladder removed while pregnant??

I am going to be having my gallbladder removed in about a month and a half due to gallstones and incredible pain when i eat. I am now 11 weeks pregnant so they want to wait until im at least 17 weeks to do the surgery if possible. I am so nervous to have the surgery and am afraid for my unborn baby. have you had your gallbladder removed while pregnant and how did it go????????????

ProudMama4ever

Asked by ProudMama4ever at 10:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Never had it done.. but with todays doctors and technology.. I am sure everything will be ok ;).. don't freak yourself out.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I didn't have it removed while pregnant but gave you a bump. Mine failed while I was pregnant. The doctor who did the sono said it was full of "sludge" and said we should change my diet first then if that didn't work, we'd do surgery. I had it removed a week and a half after my son was born.

I hope you get an answer and good luck to you.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• bump
    ProudMama4ever

Comment by ProudMama4ever (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2010